Mix up a little
science, some technology, engineering and math and what do you get? A fun way for families and children in grades
K-4 to learn new things. Join us as we use the scientific method to ask
a question, do a little research, make a guess, do an experiment, and discuss the results. Saturday, December 20, 2014, 3:00-4:00 PM. Registration
[Photo by Miika Silfverberg is licensed under CC-BY SA-2.0]
[ARTT110 Project One Sketch by BnBGobo99 in licensed under CC by-SA 2.0]
and my young Jedi, I hope to see you at our program from 2:00 to 3:00 PM on October 11th. We will read an intergalactic story, have a spacey snack, and enjoy a surprise from dear Master Yoda. Registration begins September 25, 2014 and is open to children ages 5 years to 9 years old with a caregiver.
Photo: Zombie! by Daniel Hollister (CC by 2.0)
Photo Creature by Shawn Budemer (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)
This discussion will help participants build literacy skills, as well as their vocabulary and writing skills.
Program Date: September 20, 2:00 PM
ABC Activity Times, September 15-October 25:
- Mondays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:00 PM
- Wednesdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 7:30-8:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Fridays 1:30-2:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
NOTE: There will be no ABC Activity Time on Monday, October 13. The library will be closed for Columbus Day.
Drop-in Family Storytimes, September 15-October October 25:
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Community Room)
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Purple Room)
Mondays, 10:00-10:30 AM
Fridays, 1:00-1:30 PM
*Please note that there will be no programs on Monday, October 13 as the library will be closed.
and hoping for a delicious snack! Join us for our Pinecone Birdfeeder Craft and Story program on Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 2:00-2:45 PM. We will read some delightful bird stories and have fun making pinecone birdfeeders using peanut butter and birdseed. The program is open to children ages 4 to 8 years old and their caregivers. Registration starts August 25, 2014. There will be peanut butter at this program!
Ahoy landlubbers! Drop in and join me mateys for some swashbuckling fun on Friday, September 19, from 4:00–5:00 PM in the Purple Room. Make a pirate hat and create a treasure map. And while yer at it, grab ye some booty as well. All ages, no registration required.
[Pirate Levi by Anne Marie is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0]
- The chill island music of Gratitude Steel Band
- inaBooth photography
- Kona ice truck
- Hot dogs will be cooked by Crusin' Custom Coneys
- Face Painting by Astute Artistry
- The stylings of the Balloon Buffoon, John Duh
- Canton Leisure Services Bouncy House
- Detroit Circus and Flyhouse performers
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo from Carousel Acres and much more...
We look forward to seeing you and will be ready to PARTY!
Top items requested by HSHV are:
- Gently used bath towels, small blankets, and small pet beds that can be washed.
- Dog and cat food in the original unopened bag within 3 months after the expiration date.
- Dog and cat food in the original opened bag within 3 months after the expiration date, providing it is free of bugs or rodent waste.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg of the many items that help HVHS care for their residents. For more donation ideas, please visit their website for a complete wish list of items.
As an added bonus, supporting this donation drive will also earn you your CYS Animal Lover On the Scene badge.
Starcross, or The coming of the moobs!, or Our adventures in the fourth dimension! [electronic resource]: a stirring adventure of spies, time travel and curious hats by as narrated by Art Mumby, (& Miss Myrtle Mumby) to their amanuensis, Philip Reeve ; and illuminated throughout by David Wyatt
The freedom maze [electronic resource]: a novel by Delia Sherman
A crazy day with cobras [electronic resource] by Mary Pope Osborne ; illustrated by Sal Murdocca
Car trouble [electronic resource]: a novel by Jeanne DuPrau
Going bovine [electronic resource] by Libba Bray