Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Parents, grandparents, and kids, 7-10, join us Saturday, July 20, 1:00-2:00 PM to make a beautiful family history charm bracelet. Design and decorate a unique charm for each member of your family out of Shrinky Dinks. Registration required.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
- Monday, June 24 from 1-1:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 24 from 10-10:30 AM
- Tuesday, August 6 from 1:00-1:30 PM
Monday, July 29, we will CHOW DOWN with the CURTAINS UP. We'll start our day with a Parisian mouse who dreams of great food and end the evening with a song.
Join us each Monday to beat the heat and enjoy fun films in our Community Room! Each week we'll fill the day with films for kids, adults, or the whole family!Monday, July 8, we will BE WELL with some healthy viewing and go BACK IN TIME with some time-traveling classics. We'll start our day with a collection of stories about our favorite aardvark and end with two totally excellent dudes who ace their history assignment with the help of a very special phone booth.
- 10:00 AM — Arthur: Hooray for Health (G)
- 1:00 PM — Back to the Future (PG)
- 4:00 PM — Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (PG)
You may bring pillows, snacks, even your own comfy lawn chairs if you like.
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]
Program Date: July 10, 10:00 AM
Kids Art Favorites Mosaic by Patrick Q is licensed under CC BY - SA 3.0
Bicycle Rack by Theen Moy is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0
Monday, July 15, we will celebrate our furry friends with films that bring out the ANIMAL LOVER in you, and a romance so sweet we guarantee you will LOVE IT. We'll begin our day with the search for our favorite clown fish and end with a heartwarming and bittersweet tale of first love.
Monday, June 24, we'll give give our planet a GREEN THUMBs up and get our GAME ON with these fun summer films. We will start our day with fairies in the rainforest who are about to meet their first humans and end with the story of a football team that embraced challenges and change to triumph with a perfect season.