- Holidays at the Bartlett-Travis House
Do you watch your grandchildren on a regular basis? Looking for something fun and different to do with them? Want to meet other grandparents who babysit too? The CPL Grandparents Group provides fun activities for you and your grandchildren.
- Billy Bear's Happy Valentine's Day Games, crafts and more.
- Cards and Crafts for Valentine's Day Craft projects fro preschool, kindergarten and elementary school children.
- Funschool Valentine's Day Activity Center You'll find games, crafts, jokes and e-cards at this site from the Kaboose network.
- Ivy's Valentine Coloring Pages Coloring pages to print plus links to other Valentine's crafts.
- Billy Bear says... Happy St. Patrick's Day Fun site with games, puzzles, coloring and clip art.
- St. Patrick's Day @ Alphabet Soup Songs and poems as well as games, recipes and art and printables.
- St. Patrick's Day Crafts for Kids Coloring pages, crafts, games, recipes and links to other cool St. Patrick's Day sites.
- St. Patrick's Day Fun Crafts, activities and recipes from Familyfun.com
|J 398.238 AES||Aesop's Fables|
|J Fiction ALCOTT||Alcott, L.M.||Little Women|
|J Fiction ALEXANDER||Alexander, L.||The Black Cauldron|
|YA Paperback A||Andersen, H.C.||Andersen's Fairy Tales|
|J 398.235 PHI||The Arabian Nights|
|J Fiction ATWATER||Atwater, Richard||Mr.|
For 2nd-4th graders
|Kawai, Ritsuko||The Adventures of Hamtaro|
|Wise, William||Christopher Mouse: The Tale of a Small Traveler|
For 4th-6th graders
|Allende, Isabel||Kingdom of the Golden Dragon|
|Alton, Steve||The Malifex|
|Ashby, John||Sea Gift|
|Bledsoe, Lucy Jane||The Antarctic Scoop|
- Bethany Robert's Easter Fun for Kids Activities, games, stories and poems.
- Billy Bear's Happy Easter Games, online coloring book, crafts.
- Easter Fun at PrimaryGames Games, coloring pages and stationary.
- Egg-celent Easter Animated stories, coloring pages and games for little ones at this site from Lil' Fingers.
- Children's Haiku Garden A collection of haiku verse and illustrations by children from all over the world.
- Giggle, Giggle, Snicker, Laugh! Poetry from teacher and author Robert Pottle
- Giggle Poetry Read poetry, learn how to write your own, author interviews
- Magnetic Poetry Just like the refrigerator magnet poetry, use your mouse to move tiles around to create your own poem on a theme, or unscramble classic Nursery Rhymes.
Online Registration Alert!
- All kids MUST have their own library card and have it registered with Canton Public Library's system to register for any Children's or Tween program.
- Registration begins two weeks prior to the program.
- No phone registration will be accepted.
- Add your email address to your child's library card to get storytime and other programming updates.
Discover a variety of fun and instructional web sites for families ages birth through early elementary
General Web Sites
- Authors and Illustrators on the Web
- Educational Paperback Association's Top 100 Authors
- KidsReads.com Authors
The escape from home by Avi
Egg-drop blues by Jacqueline Turner Banks
The lost years of Merlin by T.A. Barron
The ghost in the mirror by John Bellairs ; completed by Brad Strickland
Also check out the Harry Potter series for great 5th Grade reads.
Where the red fern grows : the story of two dogs and a boy by Wilson Rawls
Titanic crossing by Barbara Williams
The Watsons go to Birmingham--1963 by a novel by Christopher Paul Curtis
Ramona's world by Beverly Cleary ; illustrated by Alan Tiegreen
The birthday room by Kevin Henkes
The Blue Hill Meadows by Cynthia Rylant ; illustrated by Ellen Beier
Frindle by Andrew Clements ; pictures by Brian Selznick
|J Easy Fiction ADLER||Adler||Cam Jansen Mysteries|
|J Series B||Berenstain||Berenstain Bears Big Chapter Books|
|J Paperback B||Blume||Fudge-a-Mania|
|J Paperback B||Byars||Beans on the Roof|
|J Paperback C||Catling||Chocolate Touch|
|J Easy Fiction CHRISTIAN||Christian||Sebastian (Super Sleuth) Books|
|J Paperback C||Christophe|