In Grammar All Stars, sports announcer Buzz Star meets children athletes who help him better understand parts of speech. Who knew tennis had anything to do with conjunctions? Or Surfing with Compounds? Or golf and adverbs? Or football and nouns? Examples of the part of speech highlighted in the book appear in bold text to help kids understand the context in which these types of words are used. Each book also includes a related practice activity (with answers) to help reinforce the concepts expressed in the book.
- Want to know when we're open or how to get here? Press 2
- Need to talk to someone at Checkout about your account or to renew? Press 3
- Have a question for an Adult Department librarian or about an Adult Department program? Press 4
- Same thing, only for the Children's Department? Press 5
- Want to book the library's Community Room or get information from our Business Office? Press 6
- Need to get information about the Friends of the Library or their used book shop, Secondhand Prose? Press 7
- Want to speak to that certain someone whose extension you've forgotten? Press # for the staff directory
Get some basics at the Pickleball Lessons Blog.
Well, hockey fans, we have made it to Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Wasn't really sure we would get there, based on how the Red Wings played at the end of the season, but very glad to see it happened. In other hockey news, the Pittsburgh Penguins have also raced into Round 2 of the Playoffs. Will these two teams meet up in the finals? I know that my nails will be bitten off in anticipation. Check out the Red Wings and Penguins websites for updates and tickets! Go Peng-wings! (I do have divided loyalites, after all!)