This month's book selection is Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
Program Date: Saturday, November 20, 4:00-5:00PM
Looking for great Fall stories to read to your little ones? If so, these books,
Pumpkins : a story for a field by written by Mary Lyn Ray ; illustrated by Barry Root
Apples and pumpkins by Anne Rockwell ; pictures by Lizzy Rockwell
Too many pumpkins by Linda White ; illustrated by Megan Lloyd
could be just what you're looking for. My granddaughter sure loved them.
Program Date: November 22, 7:00PM
We're going on a bear hunt story by Michael Rosen
Preschool action time: activities and finger plays by Carol Hammett
Nursery rhyme time: songs, rhymes and movement activities created by Georgiana Stewart
Diaper gym: fun activities for babies on the move by presented by Playful Parenting; activities created by Priscilla Hegner & Rose Grasselli]
Don't panic! If you come to the library this weekend, you probably won't see me. I'm not sick or hurt, and I didn't get grounded. I'm on vacation! I'm off to visit some friends, and I have to pick up LB from his latest trip. But I'll be back on Tuesday. I hope you kiddos who are coming to the library on Monday for storytime have a wonderful time. Hey did you know that Monday starts National Young Reader's Week! Storytime is a great way to celebrate.
Well, I just didn't want you all to worry. See you soon!
We're asking for your help to "Stuff the Truck" so bring diapers, any brand or size, baby through adult, to the library on November 17 and 18. Open packages, pull ups and swim diapers are all acceptable; if diapers are loose, please label with the size.
The Detroit Area Diaper Bank is a nonprofit charitable organization serving SE Michigan to meet the need for diapers at partner agencies working with people in crisis. Please help support those in need in our community with your donation.
This program is sponsored by the Target Early Childhood Reading Grant and the Friends of the Canton Public Library.
Gus, the pilgrim turkey by Teresa Bateman ; illustrated by Ellen Joy Sasaki
The Berenstain Bears' Thanksgiving by Stan & Jan Berenstain
An old-fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott ; illustrated by James Bernardin
Program Date: Saturday, November 6 at 10:00AM-10:30AM
Here's the question: On what date was the stars and stripes pattern adopted as the official flag and by whom?
If you'd like a quick walk-through of registering for programs, just watch the YouTube video above.
- Have a Canton Public Library card
- Click the link to the Program Calendar
- Find the date of the program you wish to attend. Often there are more programs than display by default — click "All" at the bottom of the day to see a full list
- When you have found the program you're interested in, hover over the icon graphic to see how many slots are available. If there are open seats, click the icon to proceed
- Clicking the icon will take you to a login screen if you are not already logged in. Enter your name and library card barcode, then press the submit button to log in
- Review the program information on the registration page. If all the information is correct, click 'Submit' to register
- If all has worked properly, you should reach a confirmation page with no on-screen warnings. If you do not reach a confirmation page or are shown an on-screen warning, please contact the library
- If you need to register more than one person (more than one library card), you must log out and re-do the process using the other card
Common ProblemsIf you get an on-screen warning, there could be several things blocking you from registering:
- You may be the wrong age for the program. Please check the age requirements and make sure that the library card you are using belongs to the appropriate child
- You may have already registered for another section of the program. Please check My Account to see if your card is already registered
- Your card may not be updated. Please visit the checkout desk, or call 734-397-0999 (option #3)