Nope, that's not me in that picture! That's my Little Buddy, LB! He get's out more than I do. In fact, in this picture, he's all the way down in Texas! He went there with Miss Kristen a little while back. They did a lot of fun things! They went camping and went to the park, and, as you can tell, LB made some new friends! There's lots of fun things to do in Texas! You can visit the Alamo, pretend you're a cowboy, or eat chili! Did you know that this animal is the state animal of Texas? Did you know that we have a stuffed animal one here in the library? Are you curious to learn more about Texas? There are lots of book about it here in the library!
Man, LB is so lucky! Now that it is warm out, he has all kinds of adventures planned. I'm just staying home. But I'm okay with that because it's my favorite time of year...Summer Reading! I can't wait until you all start coming in to get your reading log! It's only 20 days away you know! Woohoo! I'm so excited! See you SOON!
Does your family love to listen to the energetic rhythms of Jim Gill? Here’s your chance to experience the one-of-a-kind participation concert that has made Jim a family favorite.
- Tickets will be distributed by lottery
- To apply for tickets, log into your patron record at catalog.cantonpl.org starting Monday, May 10 at 9:00AM and continuing through Sunday, June 6 at 6:00PM (Ticket information will be at the bottom of your patron record)
- Lottery winners will be notified and will be able to pick up their tickets at the Children's Desk from Monday, June 7 through Wednesday, June 16 at 9:00PM
- Any unclaimed tickets will be put back into the lottery and redistributed before the concert
The bizarre and incredible world of plants by Wolfgang Stuppy, Rob Kesseler, Madeline Harley
Ever wondered what happens inside a seed? Or why some flowers are pollinated by bees, others by birds, and still others by bats? Curious what pollen looks like at a microscopic level? This book shows all of these and more, offering stunning color photographs of flowers and other plants. Gorgeous to look at and filled with scientific facts about the plants pictured, this book is enjoyable on several levels.
You may subscribe to an RSS feed of library communications by pasting
into your feed reader.
- You must be in the third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 7, your parent must remain with you
- If you are under 12, NHS requires your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring assignment, textbooks, calculators, pencils, and any other materials you need
Program Date: Wednedsay, June 9 from 7:00-8:00PM
- bug repellent wipes, any size or brand
- new, unused pencils
At the Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn June 12-13 there's going to be tons of guests, like David Peterson (creator of Mouse Guard) and Raina Telgemeier (creator of Smile) and tons of cool, free programs about comics over the span of two days! Check out how to register.
In Grammar All Stars, sports announcer Buzz Star meets children athletes who help him better understand parts of speech. Who knew tennis had anything to do with conjunctions? Or Surfing with Compounds? Or golf and adverbs? Or football and nouns? Examples of the part of speech highlighted in the book appear in bold text to help kids understand the context in which these types of words are used. Each book also includes a related practice activity (with answers) to help reinforce the concepts expressed in the book.