and my young Jedi, I hope to see you at our program from 2:00 to 3:00 PM on October 11th. We will read an intergalactic story, have a spacey snack, and enjoy a surprise from dear Master Yoda. Registration begins September 25, 2014 and is open to children ages 5 years to 9 years old with a caregiver.
Photo Rory's Story Cubes for StADa by jwordsmith (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)
"Jump into Fall" at our K Club program on Saturday, October 4 from 2:00-2:45 pm. Stories, crafts and a snack will all be centered around pumpkins, leaves and other fall favorites. This program is designed for children ages 4-6.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
- Tutoring is on a first come first served basis
- Tutoring sessions will be a half an hour
Days and Times
- Monday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
The first day of tutoring will be Tuesday, October 14th.
and hoping for a delicious snack! Join us for our Pinecone Birdfeeder Craft and Story program on Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 2:00-2:45 PM. We will read some delightful bird stories and have fun making pinecone birdfeeders using peanut butter and birdseed. The program is open to children ages 4 to 8 years old and their caregivers. Registration starts August 25, 2014. There will be peanut butter at this program!
Ahoy landlubbers! Drop in and join me mateys for some swashbuckling fun on Friday, September 19, from 4:00–5:00 PM in the Purple Room. Make a pirate hat and create a treasure map. And while yer at it, grab ye some booty as well. All ages, no registration required.
[Pirate Levi by Anne Marie is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0]
This discussion will help participants build literacy skills, as well as their vocabulary and writing skills.
Program Date: September 20, 2:00 PM
ABC Activity Times, September 15-October 25:
- Mondays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:00 PM
- Wednesdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 7:30-8:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Fridays 1:30-2:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
NOTE: There will be no ABC Activity Time on Monday, October 13. The library will be closed for Columbus Day.
Drop-in Family Storytimes, September 15-October October 25:
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Community Room)
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Purple Room)
Registration begins August 25.
Session begins Tuesday, September 16, 10:00 AM
Mondays, 10:00-10:30 AM
Fridays, 1:00-1:30 PM
*Please note that there will be no programs on Monday, October 13 as the library will be closed.
Amelia Earhart: the legend of the lost aviator by Shelley Tanaka ; illustrated by David Craig
Fly high!: the story of Bessie Coleman by Louise Borden and Mary Kay Kroeger ; illustrated by Teresa Flavin
Ruth Law thrills a nation by Don Brown
It's that time of year again: Shark Week is here! Get in on all of the fintastic action with some of these great books and DVDs all about these mysterious and amazing animals. Whether you are a Shark Week veteran or a first timer these reads will leave you hungry for more.
The blacktip reef shark by Sara Green
Bluntnose sixgill sharks and other strange sharks by Rachel Lynette
A daredevil's guide to swimming with sharks by Amie Jane Leavitt
Sharks by Kris Hirschmann
Whale shark by Anders Hanson ; consulting editor, Diane Craig, M.A./Reading Specialist