The children will showcase their talent and hard work to their loved ones with a final performance on Friday, May 1, at 4:30 PM!
Sophie's squash by Pat Zietlow Miller; illustrated by Anne Wilsdorf — Being friends with a squash comes with some unusual problems for Sophie to overcome.
Mali under the night sky: a Lao story of home by Youme — An artist must leave her home because of war.
The watcher: Jane Goodall's life with the chimps by Jeanette Winter — Find out more about this chimpanzee-loving woman.
This program is wheelchair accessible.
Where is dear dragon? by Margaret Hillert ; illustrated by David Schimmell
Daniel's mystery egg by Alma Flor Ada ; illustrated by G. Brian Karas
Where is the green sheep? by Mem Fox and Judy Horacek
Knuffle Bunny: a cautionary tale by Mo Willems
The doghouse by Jan Thomas
Young Cam Jansen and the circus mystery by David A. Adler ; illustrated by Susanna Natti
Detective Dinosaur: lost and found by James Skofield ; pictures by R.W. Alley
Baxter the Tweeting dog by [Doreen Marts]
Bean Dog and Nugget: the ball by Charise Mericle Harper
Owly. Vol. 3. Flying lessons by Andy Runton
Silly Lilly in What will I be today?: a toon book by Agnès Rosenstiehl by Rosenstiehl, Agnès
Arf and the greedy grabber by Philip Wooderson ; illustrated by Bridget MacKeith ; colors by Jessica Fuchs
Drop-in Family Storytimes, November 10-December 13:
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Community Room)
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Purple Room)
Also the Family Storytime on 11/20 at 7:00 PM will be held in the Community Room.
ABC Activity Times, November 10-December 13:
- Mondays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:00 PM
- Wednesdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 7:30-8:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Fridays 1:30-2:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
NOTE: There will be no ABC Activity Time on Thursday, November 27 or Friday, November 28. The library will be closed for Thanksgiving.
Also, the session on 11/20 at 7:30 PM will be held in the Community Room
Reversing dyslexia: improving learning & behavior without drugs by Phyllis Books, DC, CCN
Embracing dyslexia [videodisc] by directed by Luis Macias
The little book of dyslexia: both sides of the classroom by Joe Beech ; edited by Ian Gilbert
Square peg: my story and what it means for raising innovators, visionaries, and out-of-the-box thinkers by L. Todd Rose with Katherine Ellison
[Photo by Miika Silfverberg is licensed under CC-BY SA-2.0]
The amazing adventures of Bumblebee Boy by David Soman and Jacky Davis
Bad weather! by Frank Berrios and Ethen Beavers
The day I lost my superpowers by Michaël Escoffier, Kris Di Giacomo; translated from the French by Claudia Bedrick & Kris Di Giacomo
Superfab saves the day Bérengère Delaporte and Jean Leroy; translated by Sarah Quinn
Ten rules of being a superhero by Deb Pilutti
Alice the fairy by David Shannon
Buttercup goes to the ball based on the original Flower Fairies books by Cicely Mary Barker
Dragon's extraordinary egg by Debi Gliori
A Goofy fairy tale adapted by Bill Scollon
Robot Zot! by Jon Scieszka and David Shannon
Need more suggestions? Try this list of Science Fiction and Fantasy Reads for Kindergarteners.
and my young Jedi, I hope to see you at our program from 2:00 to 3:00 PM on October 11th. We will read an intergalactic story, have a spacey snack, and enjoy a surprise from dear Master Yoda. Registration begins September 25, 2014 and is open to children ages 5 years to 9 years old with a caregiver.
and hoping for a delicious snack! Join us for our Pinecone Birdfeeder Craft and Story program on Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 2:00-2:45 PM. We will read some delightful bird stories and have fun making pinecone birdfeeders using peanut butter and birdseed. The program is open to children ages 4 to 8 years old and their caregivers. Registration starts August 25, 2014. There will be peanut butter at this program!
- The chill island music of Gratitude Steel Band
- inaBooth photography
- Kona ice truck
- Hot dogs will be cooked by Crusin' Custom Coneys
- Face Painting by Astute Artistry
- The stylings of the Balloon Buffoon, John Duh
- Canton Leisure Services Bouncy House
- Detroit Circus and Flyhouse performers
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo from Carousel Acres and much more...
We look forward to seeing you and will be ready to PARTY!
Top items requested by HSHV are:
- Gently used bath towels, small blankets, and small pet beds that can be washed.
- Dog and cat food in the original unopened bag within 3 months after the expiration date.
- Dog and cat food in the original opened bag within 3 months after the expiration date, providing it is free of bugs or rodent waste.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg of the many items that help HVHS care for their residents. For more donation ideas, please visit their website for a complete wish list of items.
As an added bonus, supporting this donation drive will also earn you your CYS Animal Lover On the Scene badge.