April 30-June 9
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM and 1:00-1:30 PM
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM and 7:00-7:30 AM
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM
- Fridays 10:00-10:30 AM
- On June 7th the Family Storytime/ABC Activity Time session will be in collaboration with Starfish Family Services Program for parents and caregivers titled Word Play: Rhymes and Other Pre-Reading Activities. The workshop is for adults and Starfish brings along licensed day care providers to watch your children if you choose
- There will be no storytime on June 8 (for a blood drive)
Help your infant develop brain power and have fun by trying out some new games during playtime. Below are some suggested books filled with ideas for baby and caregiver play. You can find these titles in the Parenting section in the Children's Department.
Baby minds: brain-building games your baby will love by Linda Acredolo, Ph.D. and Susan Goodwyn, Ph.D
Baby play by general editors Wendy S. Masi, Roni Cohen Leiderman
Activity times will be held on the following Saturdays from 10:00-10:45 AM:
- March 24
- March 31
- April 14
- April 28
Six little ducks [sound recording] by Al Dana... [et al.]
More singable songs [sound recording] by Raffi with Ken Whiteley
Rhythms on parade [sound recording] by Hap Palmer
Are you looking for some new books to read at bedtime? Look no further! We have many, many wonderful stories to get those little ones in the sleeping mood.
Jammy dance by Rebecca Janni; pictures by Tracy Dockray
Hide-and-squeak by Heather Vogel Frederick; illustrated by C.F. Payne
Good night, Chickie by Emile Jadoul
Classical music is not just for adults. We have lots of classical music in the Children's Department that kids will love. Check out any of these wonderful titles and enjoy!
Some of our most-loved picture books at the library are about our canine friends. Check out some dog tales today and discover a new favorite!
Sally goes to the vet by written and illustrated by Stephen Huneck
10 little hot dogs by John Himmelman
Bark, George by Jules Feiffer
Jim Gill, master of all things fun and silly, has a new album.
Jim Gill presents music play for folks of all stripes [sound recording] by Gill, Jim — If you love bananas or pizza, this album has songs for you. If you love Mozart or friends, look no further. Jim Gill has created another great dancing, clapping, silly songs album for everyone young and old. You can find other Jim Gill albums in the Children's Department, too. Happy listening!
Circles, squares, diamonds or rectangles, we have books that show all the angles. Triangles, ovals, octagons too, these books will teach them all to you!
All sorts of shapes by written by Hannah Reidy; illustrated by Emma Dodd; reading consultant, Susan Kesselring
Bear in a square by written by Stella Blackstone; illustrated by Debbie Harter
Circle dogs by Kevin Henkes; illustrated by Dan Yaccarino
Getting your baby to sleep at night can be a challenge. For parents who need tips and advice for successful sleeping, we have several sleep guides available in the Parenting section in the Children's Department. Check out some of the titles listed below to help your baby (and yourself!) get some much-needed rest.
- 10:00 AM — Winnie the Pooh (G)
- 1:00 PM — Kung Fu Panda 2 (PG)
- 3:00 PM — Mr. Popper's Penguins (PG)
- 6:30 PM — Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (PG-13)
- Mondays-Saturdays*, 10:30-11:00 AM
- Mondays, 1:30-2:00 PM
- Tuesday and Wednesday, 7:30-8:00 PM
- Mondays, 10:00-10:30 AM and 1:00-1:30 PM
- Tuesdays, 7:00-7:30 PM
- Wednesdays, 10:00-10:30 AM and 7:00-7:30 PM
- Thursdays, 10:00-10:30 AM
- Fridays, 10:00-10:30 AM
- Saturdays, 10:00-10:30 AM
Session begins: Tuesday, January 17, 10:00 AM
In response to parent suggestions, our board book collection has moved. If you're searching for a sturdy book just right for your exploring young child, look no further. The board books now live outside of the Purple Room. Great for those in Baby Storytime!