January 11, 2011 | Marianne
January 11, 2011 | Anne Heidemann
January 10, 2011 | Anne Heidemann
January 7, 2011 | madame librarian
In a New York Times article about Alzheimer's Disease called The Vanishing Mind, the benefits of chocolate as a soother for aggitated nursing home patients was extolled. This is just one of alternative ways to treat individuals with Alzheimer's Physicians researchers are investigating.
January 7, 2011 | daviscrl
January 6, 2011 | Brad Czerniak
Here's a fairly-quick way to turn websites, Microsoft Word documents, and plain text files into eBooks for your portable device or computer:
- Go to ebook.online-convert.com and select "Convert text to the ePub ebook format"
- Select the file from your computer, or copy/paste the URL of the file into the applicable form field
- Set the optional settings to reflect the title and author of the work
- Click "Convert File" to begin processing
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the converted file
- Transfer to your reading device per the specific device's instructions
I personally use an iPhone with the iBooks app. Loading a "book" onto my phone was as easy as emailing the file to myself and tapping the attached file from the Mail app.
Many readers also display PDF files. If you wish to read long-form content from your computer on your reader device, PDF print utilities like PDF reDirect for Windows or the built-in functionality on the Mac can provide a quick and compatible way to create eReader files.
January 6, 2011 | barkerm
At this conversational forum, the Canton Community Foundation representative will discuss and answer questions about estate planning, estate taxes and charitable gift annuities. This is an informational forum without sales pitches or solicitations. If you this the last time, the information is timely and targeted to our Canton audience for peace of mind and a well-lived future. Please join us on January 20 at 7:00PM in the Community Room.
January 6, 2011 | robertsone
The Internet Basics class scheduled for Friday, January 7, 2011 has been canceled.