Present: K. Schulz, M. Siegrist, C. Van Auken, J. Fausone
Absent: G. Snow, D. Turner
The anthologist by Nicholson Baker
Collected poems by Donald Justice
Swedish knits : classic and modern designs in the Scandinavian tradition by Paula Hammerskog and Eva Wincent; photos by Rikard Westman
This book has the usual introduction to the basics of knitting, but also includes more detailed information on garment construction and a number of advanced techniques. It also has a great section on what to do when something goes wrong - your cable twists the wrong way, something turns out too large or too small, and other common problems. There is also quite a bit of info on interpreting patterns and on making your own. Finally, the sweater patterns are beautiful. This book is a treasure trove of information for knitters.
Did you know many of your favorite authors are available in Large Print? Their latest book could be on the shelf and available right now. In addition to being easy on the eyes, or perhaps because Large Print is easier on the eyes, readers of Large Print books comment how quickly they read can read a book...
Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers
It seems like every blog out there has featured posts lately about making and/or hacking furniture and decorations. Here are some of the best:
- Dollar Store Crafts highlighted a wonderful $15 makeover of a renter's kitchen
- Unplggd has 5 Ways To Make Your Office Chair Suck A Little Less
- They also have a guide for How To Choose the Right TV Wall Mount
- ikea hacker has great new ideas all the time
- Lifehacker readers have been posting their workspaces to this Flickr pool
- wikiHow has an interesting page about