- Wednesday, January 19 — Legal and Tax Aspects of Starting a Small Business: with attorney Ken Bloom of Bloom Asset Management
- Wednesday, January 26 — Social Media I: an introduction to all avenues of social media strategy for beginners
- Thursday, February 10 — Social Media II: the nuts and bolts of social media for your business — how to open an account, post pictures and use varied apps
- Wednesday, February 16 — Business School Part II: the professionals from SCORE will help you start or grow your business
Congratulations to Ms. Stead on winning this prestigious award!
Take the Target Pledge to spend time reading with the children in your lives. For each pledge received, Target will donate one book to a child in need, up to one million books! All you'll need is a valid e-mail address to count your pledge. Sign up today and make the future bright for your child as well as others. A few great read-together titles for you to consider:
Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
Papa, please get the moon for me by Eric Carle
Photo courtesy of NAIAS
The comforts of home : thrifty and chic decorating ideas for making the most of what you have by Caroline Clifton- Mogg — One of the 2010 Librarians' Picks for Non-Fiction, this book offers the philosophy that a comfortable home is an orderly home. With a plan for where things should be, it becomes easy to make it useful and a place in which you want to spend time. There's no time like now for being thrifty as well, and using the tips here you can make your home work for you, using (or at least starting with) what you have.
Ever wanted to try your hand at making an awesome, intricate cake to rival those seen on Amazing Wedding Cakes or Ace of Cakes? Start at your library, where we have almost 50 books on cake decorating, including some familiar faces from television.
Ace of Cakes: inside the World of Charm City Cakes by Duff Goldman and Willie Goldman
- Go to ebook.online-convert.com and select "Convert text to the ePub ebook format"
- Select the file from your computer, or copy/paste the URL of the file into the applicable form field
- Set the optional settings to reflect the title and author of the work
- Click "Convert File" to begin processing
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the converted file
- Transfer to your reading device per the specific device's instructions
Many readers also display PDF files. If you wish to read long-form content from your computer on your reader device, PDF print utilities like PDF reDirect for Windows or the built-in functionality on the Mac can provide a quick and compatible way to create eReader files.
At this conversational forum, the Canton Community Foundation representative will discuss and answer questions about estate planning, estate taxes and charitable gift annuities. This is an informational forum without sales pitches or solicitations. If you this the last time, the information is timely and targeted to our Canton audience for peace of mind and a well-lived future. Please join us on January 20 at 7:00PM in the Community Room.
Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen
The Leisure Seeker by Michael Zadoorian
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
March by Geraldine Brooks
Simple times by written by Amy Sedaris and Paul Dinello — Fans of Sedaris' I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence will not be disappointed by her latest guide. Now is the time to be thrifty and to embellish your life with your crafty skills while you scrimp and save. No one crafts like Amy Sedaris, but you can try to imitate her by following her instructions. BONUS: the images in this book are simultaneously gorgeous and hilarious, and there are even illustrations by renaissance guy Justin Theroux.
- Taxpayers claiming itemized deductions on Schedule A
- Taxpayers claiming the Higher Education Tuition and Fees Deduction
- Taxpayers claiming the Educator Expense Deduction
Illustrated guide to sewing home furnishings : expert techniques for creating custom shades, drapes, slipcovers and more — Have you ever seen a gorgeous fabric in the store but thought you didn't have the skills to make it into curtains, a pillow, or a slipcover? Look no further, this book has clear instructions that will allow you to teach yourself as you go. It includes a variety of techniques as well as instructions for calculating yardage and other seemingly tricky parts of the process.